How To Crack RBI Grade B Officer Exam?
The RBI Grade B exam is one of the highest entry-level examinations conducted in the country. Every bank aspirant wishes to join the Reserve Bank of India and getting recruited at the Officer post is a dream come true for many.
The Reserve Bank of India is the conducting body for all the RBI exams and ca candidates must know that the competition is extremely tough as the number of applicants is way more than the number of vacancies released. Thus, the preparation required is also exhaustive.
The exam syllabus for the Grade B Officer exam is slightly different from the other bank exams and this is because of the standard of the examination.
The exam is conducted in three stages:
- Phase I or Preliminary Exam
- Phase II or Mains Exam
Candidates must know that based on the performance in the Online Computer-based tests, candidates are shortlisted at every stage of the examination. So, for better results, candidates must start their preparation for the upcoming exams now. Visit the RBI Grade B result page for more information.
Further on in this article, the exam pattern and preparation tips for the RBI Grade B Officer exam have been discussed.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
The most important thing for a candidate to know before starting the preparation for the Officer exam is analysing the syllabus and exam pattern. Only then a proper study plan can be made to start the preparation.
Given below is the RBI Grade B exam pattern for the candidates’ reference:
|RBI Grade B Exam Pattern|
|Level of Exam||Sections||Marks||Duration|
|Phase I||General Awareness||80||A composite time of 120 minutes is provided to the candidate.|
|Phase II||Paper I Economic & Social Issues||100||90 minutes|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||100||90 minutes|
|Paper III Finance & Management||100||90 minutes|
For each phase of the examination, a separate admit card and result are released. Aspirants who wish to know more about the RBI Grade B Admit Card can visit the linked article.
Preparation Tips For RBI Grade B Exam
Given below are a few other tips to prepare for the RBI Grade B Officer exam:
- Prepare a Time Table/ Study Plan – After reviewing the syllabus for each section, candidates must prepare a systematic study plan and time table, and must strictly follow it ensuring that all the topics under the syllabus are covered
- Analyse the Previous Year Question Papers – Reviewing and analysing the question papers from the past years will help candidates apprehend the level of the exam and also understand the type of questions which may be asked in the final examination
- Solve Mock Tests and Practise Papers – The easiest way to cover all the topics and revise them at the same time is by solving the mock tests and model papers. The more number of questions you solve, you shall have a better understanding of the topic
- Emphasize on Self-Study – It is important to understand that until and unless a candidate spends more time in solving questions and preparing things all by themselves, the concept may not always be clear. So more and more time must be dedicated to self-study
Since the RBI Grade B notification 2020 is tentatively expected to be released by September, candidates must start their preparation now and refer to the tips given above for assistance.