50+ and 50++ Content

Discuss anything related to The Elder Scrolls Online.
12 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

50+ and 50++ Content

Postby Phill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 pm

It has been confirmed that players whom reach level 50 and complete all of their faction's PvE quests will get to choose which faction's territory they get to explore next. Example: as an EP player I would get to choose to play in DG or AD areas after level 50. If I picked to explore DG areas I could then (after completing DG stuff) move on to AD areas. The third place you pick will have the best loot. I'm wondering if we'll get access to their dungeons as well? Access to these dungeons could be the answer raid focused players have been looking for in terms of ESO end-game.
Phill
Administrator

Re: 50+ and 50++ Content

Postby Dagoth-Ur » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Yeah I suppose, I am still wondering how many people a good group would consist of for a similar to raid experience.
Welcome Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made!
Come to me through fire and war, I welcome you!
Dagoth-Ur
Traveler

Postby Garbrac » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm

ShadowPhill wrote:I'm wondering if we'll get access to their dungeons as well? Access to these dungeons could be the answer raid focused players have been looking for in terms of ESO end-game.

Unfortunately, these zones will have no ties to the actual zones the members of the opposing faction plays in. There will be no opposing faction within this zone player wise, but the NPC and the structures will reflect the correct look and feel of the zone. I believe this will also be how we will learn to craft the racial armour styles of the opposing faction.
Garbrac
ESO Media Expert
ESO Media Expert

Postby Dagoth-Ur » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 am

Heh, just had a thought...Will I be punished for role playing a racist Altmer in the game? What if I call a player who is a Khajiit a thieving scoundrel? Lmao
Welcome Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made!
Come to me through fire and war, I welcome you!
Dagoth-Ur
Traveler

Postby Alleviant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 am

I'm quite sure there will be dungeon access for the other zone based on the whole '16-dungeons' jargon. I do wonder, however if they can be accessed pre-50 as well - all dungeons have a 'normal' mode and a L50 'endgame' mode. Here's an article with more information on endgame: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19 ... paul-sage/
Alleviant
Journeyman

Postby Altair » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:36 am

If there is no "dungeon finder" in the game I doubt the dungeons in specific faction areas will be accessible to other factions until you get to the 50 + and 50 ++ and then they would possibly be part of the "Hard Mode" dungeons with different loot and such, but that is just a guess... I could be wrong.
Altair
Apprentice

Postby Tabbycat » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 am

I admit, this excites me. I really do love playing solo and being able to do the other zones in such a progressive manner like this is absolutely perfect for me. That said, I will definitely group up to do dungeons and the more difficult content. But I love how they are giving solo players the option to do things like this.
Tabbycat
Apprentice

Postby Alleviant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 am

Altair wrote:If there is no "dungeon finder" in the game I doubt the dungeons in specific faction areas will be accessible to other factions until you get to the 50 + and 50 ++ and then they would possibly be part of the "Hard Mode" dungeons with different loot and such, but that is just a guess... I could be wrong.

Yep, we'll just have to wait and see I figure.

Since there won't be any large raids for dungeons I'm fairly curious about the 'instanced adventure zones' they speak of.
Alleviant
Journeyman

Postby Garbrac » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am

Alleviant wrote:Since there won't be any large raids for dungeons

I hate that statement so much, people need to stop thinking inside the box
Garbrac
ESO Media Expert
ESO Media Expert

Postby Alleviant » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Garbrac wrote:
Alleviant wrote:Since there won't be any large raids for dungeons

I hate that statement so much, people need to stop thinking inside the box

Explain if you will. ;)
The fact is we won't be seeing any 16-man or larger groups in a dungeon setting. The restriction is 4-man and the dungeons are instanced. Personally I've always loved large-group endeavours in the previous mentioned surroundings - hence the interest in the adventure zones they speak of. I don't think it has much to do with 'thinking inside the box' other than a personal interest based on experiences in the past and fun, nostalgic conversations with guildmates. :)
Alleviant
Journeyman

Next

12 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to The Tavern